Friday, June 6, 2014

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro


I have been wanting to read this book since I first read an excerpt from it in the last pages of Fang...or was it Angel...not sure, but anyway, I was ecstatic when I found it at my local library, so I immediately grabbed it and pretty much devoured it in my first week.

This is a murder mystery taken to the next level mixed with a bit of a thriller aspect added to it. Halfway through it I was somewhat reminded of Patterson's Maximum Ride novels, because how the parents' pharmaceutical company connects to the kids' general talents and personalities' is similar. Well, not avian DNA similar, but similar nonetheless.

I loved the murder aspect of this book, because it made me suspect everyone. I was trying to figure out who had motive, who didn't, and who would have the opportunity to kill the victims. But the thing that is revealed throughout every single page is that no one is really ruled out. Everyone has something to hide, and everyone had reason enough that they could have done it. Even the narrator of this story believes that she could have been the culprit. Which I felt was surprisingly refreshing, in a weird way.
The ending disappointed me a little bit because of its outcome. I kind of did not know how to word that since I really did not want to give anything away as the story, but knowing some of James Patterson's other work, I was hoping for a rather different ending. Or at least one slightly less disappointing, however noble and filled with love as it may have seemed.

Besides that, though, there is really nothing to complain about with this book. The chapters are short reads and I went through the book pretty quickly, thoroughly enjoying it every...well, almost every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment